View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 08:57 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Lisa, I'm over here by Columbus, Ohio.

I have two implants, both lumbar and cervical. I found that the cervical helped with some of my issues but not all of them. I continue to have problems with neck/upper back and sometimes my arms. For me, it's due to muscle problems, not nerve problems, which is what implants are meant to deal with.

I've got quite a few trigger points in my neck/upper back and my pain mgmt. dr. (who put in my implants) helps me with those also. We do trigger point injections using a steroid, and I sometimes go to a massage therapist who specializes in trigger point release. So I'm wondering if you're turning up your cervical unit past where it gives you help, and in doing so, are causing your muscles to tighten up and cause the problems you continue to have?????????

I can tell when I have my lumbar turned up too high because my leg muscles start to tighten up and hurt and I know I need to back it off. Just a thought.

Fiona
fionab is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
JoanB (08-31-2011), Lisa in Ohio (08-30-2011), Mark56 (08-29-2011), Rrae (08-29-2011), Sophie_ (08-31-2011)