View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 12:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyRI View Post
I am so, so sorry.

500 mg. in a first infusion seems like a LOT. I think I would be HORRIBLY sick for a few weeks also...my last infusions were for only 200 mg. each, 2 days in a row. Even then, I didn't feel all that well for a week afterwards, I couldn't get rid of my headache. But now, 2 weeks later, I feel great. However, I have had 47 infusions. My first infusion was only 70 mg.

Have you talked to your doc about how badly the infusion made you feel? Did he provide you with any medications in case you had problems with an upset stomach? I have generic Zofran which helps a lot with nausea. I have a really hard time with ketamine and my stomach also, my nurse always pushes Zofran at the beginning of my infusions.

I wrap my hand and wrist in a moist cloth with a heating pad over it several times a day when they ache from IV's. The wet heat helps relieve the pain from the catheter quite a bit.

Please take care and keep in touch. XOXOX Sandy
Thanks Sandy for the advice. I think I might try the wet towel and see if that helps.
It is really good to know that perhaps I am still feeling the affects of the K even 2 weeks later. I have been wondering if there was something really wrong with me or if this could be normal.
I think the doc screwed up big time. I told him I was very sensitive to meds and he said ok we will do 200mg for the first infusion. Then suddenly the morning of the treatment he decides to do 500mg without telling me until after I'm barely conscious. I was on Reglan at the time of the infusion, then zofran afterwards.
lovefamilypets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote