View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 01:07 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I need time after my infusions to feel better, I NEVER feel 100% right away. And with as much ketamine as you got, I think I would still be sick, too. Talk to your doc and see if he has anything he can recommend to make you feel better. I have heard of many who get scripts for anti-anxiety meds, etc for afterwards and that they help a lot. Do you still have some Zofran left for your stomach?

To me, your reaction sounds completely normal, and you have my deepest sympathy!! If your ketamine doc can't help you, perhaps your PCP can. Be persistent. It's awful that you have suffered like you have. Neither of my ketamine docs would ever adminster a ketamine dose that high, especially on an outpatient basis. Also - on Facebook check out the "Ketamine Klub." Lots of good info there...

Sandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovefamilypets View Post
Thanks Sandy for the advice. I think I might try the wet towel and see if that helps.
It is really good to know that perhaps I am still feeling the affects of the K even 2 weeks later. I have been wondering if there was something really wrong with me or if this could be normal.
I think the doc screwed up big time. I told him I was very sensitive to meds and he said ok we will do 200mg for the first infusion. Then suddenly the morning of the treatment he decides to do 500mg without telling me until after I'm barely conscious. I was on Reglan at the time of the infusion, then zofran afterwards.
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote