View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 04:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default This place is a godsend!

I have been lurking for over a week reading various posts and feeling so much more calm by the day because I've found others with my same issues.

Three weeks ago today, I hit my left temple hard after dropping something out of the freezer, bending down to pick it up and then connecting with the #^@$ freezer door that didnt' close. Now I kick the thing everytime I go by and get such a good feeling In fact, it's the only good thing that happens most days.

I actually thought I might die, the pain in my temple was so great. I didn't pass out, however immediately started shaking uncontrollably and crying. I got a CT scan the following day which came back negative. My doctor told me to rest..which is very subjective isn't it? I didn't realize until I came on here that meant no visual stimulation, lay in bed and do nothing.

I feel blessed that the only symptoms I have is the persistent tingling in top of my head along with a feeling of pressure..not really a pain and a slight headache around my eyes. When I overdo it, the tingling and headache become worse and the sense of pressure in my head becomes greater. I have only driven twice, both times a short distance and I don't feel comfortable driving any longer, both for myself and others. I can read, watch TV and be on the computer for about an hour before these symptoms worsen..so I choose carefully what I need to do.

I am a chef/owner of a boutique catering business, so this enforced rest is difficult for me as I am a control freak about my business. So far, I have my employees doing most of the work, it's the office/client work that I can't delegate. I went to an event Saturday and on Sunday I still felt great..to the point that I now know I did too much office work.

Today is not a good day...I didn't even get out of bed until 3pm and the phone ringing drives me nuts. I am craving quiet. So now I know what to not do and I feel I've set myself back. I'm not getting any advice from dr other than rest, rest, rest. Which I will do as much as possible now.

I just want to thank everyone for sharing..it is such a relief to read your stories. I wish we could all go back to our "normal" lives and while I know that's not possible, at least there is a place where I can feel I'm understood.
frzrdoor2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Concussed Scientist (08-31-2011), ladydeedee (08-30-2011)