View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 04:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by im4dexter View Post
I was happy to receive my records from the Mayo Clinic until I began to read them. I knew there would be termanology in there I would have to look up, but there was more than I imagined. Here was the one that really caught my attention "arachnoiditis". Anyone else have this? Or even hear about it? Sounds like something to do with a fear of spiders (LOL). It doesn't per se'. It's scar tissue that "spider" webs out into other areas and can cause severe pain. I'm hoping there's someone else out there that can give me a little more insight into how it can be treated. From the little bit I read, nothing sounds promising. I'd be thrilled to hear from anyone else with this condition that might be able to fill me in.

Best of luck to all of us!
Arachnoiditis is a neuropathic disease caused by the inflammation of the arachnoid, one of the membranes that surround and protect the nerves of the central nervous system, including the brain and spinal cord.
Here is a link to an information page about it: http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/a...chnoiditis.htm
Hope it help you
ColoVet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote