View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 07:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Bryanna,
Yes the dentist did diagnose with a dry socket and no packing was done. They said it was healing and had me come back 2 days later to check it again and at that time they were going to see if they thought I needed to see the oral surgeon and they both confirmed that I did not, it was on the right track.
So today I woke up and the tight feeling was not that tight as it was for 2 days and looks as though it closed a little more.
I did call the office today but I think they were not in due to hurricane Irene because all I was able to do was leave a message. Around 5pm I was eating a yogurt and as I swallowed i felt air go onto my socket. I then closed my mouth and slightly sucked in air and can feel it go up there but I do not feel it anywhere else. So now I am panicking that I have a sinus opening.. This is why I called them to see if I can see my we'd morning.
So my question is this:
How can I tell if there is a perforation or a communication problem? I rinse with salt water all day and never have anything go through my nose and I have no pain in sinuses as of yet? And is that normal for air to go up it being that it is not closed completely?
Bryanna,
I am not normally this anxious but this has been a really bad experience and I am scared I will not heal. It is taking so long
Thanks
Btw real name is nicole
Dry socket girl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote