View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 07:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by birchlake View Post
I wouldn't have a clue as to where he could get footwear.

I purchase "over-sized" footwear (extra length and width), and can get by with that, but the swelling on your husbands foot and ankle is to such a degree that regular footwear almost assuredly won't work.

What does he currently wear? How well can he walk? Is your husband seeing an actual podiatrist, or can he see one? I realize the limitations of workers comp, etc. but I am wondering what a good podiatrist that is versed in CRPS would have to say about his condition. My podiatrist is the primary physician for my CRPS, and I would be lost without him.

Yes, this is a good forum for information and sometimes to just "vent" as people and families of people with CRPS, or any chronic pain condition, go through so very, very much. Welcome to the forum.............
Hi Birchlake,
He currrently wears sandals with a homemade velcro strap attached to extend the length. We have also had a pair of isulated booties made however they got wrecked quickly as they did not have a rubber/hard surface sole. The lady who made these could probably enhance the design. It would be nice though to have a website and some options to choose from. He can walk fairly well inside our home however has a significant gait from years of bearing most weight on the good leg. Whenever he walks any distance or outside, he is dependent on crutches and just touches his foot to the ground which is why a soled boot is desired. Furthermore, it gets quite cold in the winter and the sandal is not adequate. No he does not have a podiatrist. We are going to look into this though as he certainly needs help.
All the best to you!
CanadianPain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote