View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 08:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep smilin View Post
Dear CanadianPain...

I'm so sorry we have to meet under these circumstances....RSD is just an ugly animal which we can not tame...not even with the biggest stick. I too, have RSD originating in my rt knee following knee surgery... Now I have it full body, internally also... At the very beginning of my RSD, My leg looked similar to your husbands...following a second surgery to try and restore as much mobility as possible...during the surgery they had inserted an external pain pump.... During the removal of the
external pain pump... My leg just spewed...I'm sorry to say it like this but I was at pT and as the Dr. Exited my room after taking out the catheter and remove the pump, I lost an abundance amount of fluid...it was under so much pressure.... course I began to shout for help...scared me and a mess but it did relieve much pressure and today 5 years later my leg is swollen and shiny...terrible burn and pain...I can't walk without a cane but the size of my leg has decrease tremendously since

the "explosion" fluid... Plz...ask his Dr. To drain his leg...and be doubly sure he does not have a severe infection....

I'm so sorry and remember you have us to talk with....

keep us posted....

take care....Kathy
I love the handle Kathy!
Your experience with RSD sounds terrible, but unfortunately its the nature of the beast.

My husband did have his leg drained but it was not successful; the same outcome as every other procedure. Only his big toe is infected currently from a small scrape. His foot/leg always look like this. We have both come to accept that his case will not get better and that amputation is inevitable..its just a matter of time. It is a matter of fact and not us being negative.

Every couple of months, my husband gets very ill. He says it feels like he is dying. The lymphnodes in his groin swell to the size of golf balls which is accompanied with a fever, chills and nasea. It takes a couple of days before the the symtoms disappear. I wonder if anyone else experiences this?

Thanks for reaching out! Take care. Tammy
CanadianPain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote