View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 11:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Ritu,

I have Celiac disease, and adhere to my "It Sucks to be you diet" by the letter. I can't have any grain whatsoever - so no rice, no wheat, no oats, no corn. But it's not all to bad.

And lord I get Ataxia. Even with a gluten free diet, those of us who have gone a long time being undiagnosed have neurological damage that won't be resolved. BUT, on my recent "fall down" spin around hit the floor visit to the ER last month - they gave me something great. Plain old Meclizine (like the over the counter Dramamine for motion sickness) and thank God!!! Works really well and it's a safe drug that's been around a long time.

The worst thing for us Celiacs is we have a ton of neurological problems that go along with it and few doctors who know a whole lot about it. Hopefully that will change in the next while. For the meantime, go to the store and get some over the counter Dramamine and see if that helps - if it does might give you a good direction to go in.

Also, with Celiacs and "Gluten Encelopathy", it's a good idea to pop a Benydryl to take off some of the allergic reaction and brain swelling that might be causing some of it to. Absolutely - check everything for gluten, they sneak it into absolutely everything. Be careful.

God Bless!
Sue
shikantaza is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote