View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 11:51 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default Grocery store rant

Went to the grocery store to pick up some munchies and a few essentials. Got my mom a bottle of shower gel. We went up to pay for stuff, and I asked them to not pack the bags too heavily because my mom and I cant lift heavy stuff easily, and my dad just broke his arm and we're not letting him help with stuff just yet.

Get home, and I went to get the paper bags out of the car. Couldnt figure out why they were so heavy. They put the 6packs of pop in the bags with the groceries...and that bottle of shower gel? They put that in the same bags with the food...and it came open. Leaked all over. (argh!)

When I worked in grocery stores, we were always taught not to bag "chemical" items (soaps, anything not edible that's used for cleaning that can leak) with food. If we put a chemical item in with food, we put it in separate plastic bag, so that if it opened or broke, hopefully it wouldnt leak all over the edibles.

Just irritated that I shopped with my mom for two hours (that's stressful enough sometimes) and my knee was killing me and I go to unpack stuff and it was all soapy.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DVORA65 (08-30-2011), SallyC (08-30-2011), Vonn07 (08-30-2011)