View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 04:05 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyC View Post
In the over 45 years with MS, I have never, to my knowledge had a cognitive test. At least I never received a report on the results of one.....Wait a min, maybe I forget..

To tell you the truth, I don't think I'd want one. MS and aging is quite enough for me, TYVM, I wouldn't want to know if I was loosing any of my brainpower.

I read, I do puzzles and play other word games, to keep my brain working. So far, so good.
Hiya Sally

This was the first time I have had Neuro-Psych testing...in 26 years of MS. The reason for testing started due to some very profound cognitive/memory/behavioral changes to the point my husband was researching Alzhiemers

I had been on a Statin (high cholestrol) for approximately a year and a half. It was the statin that was causing those profound changes. I went off the statin a couple of months ago and have seen quite a bit of improvement but I wanted to follow through with the NeuroPsych testing.

When I went in for testing the NeuroPsych told me he had an associate contact him the other day about a patient of hers who had been on a Statin and had memory/cognitive problems related to taking statins. He had said there is starting to be quite a bit of medical information and articles as to statins causing memory/cognitive problems.

My NeuroPsych said he would be doing a research paper about statins and memory.

Part of my descision to stop taking the statin was from searching for information about statins and I had also looked for information here at NT. MrsD had an older thread about Statins that was quite helpful. Between what I was reading on the internet combined with information MrsD had posted I finally decided to get off the statin and see what would happen...I am so thankful I did.
dmplaura (08-30-2011), SallyC (08-30-2011)