View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 09:03 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Unhappy Brain lesion, but negative LP

Hi, I'm glad to join your support group. I'm feeling pretty low today , and in need of some support. Most of the time I cope well and I am lucky to have good friends and family.
I suddenly became ill in late June this year, terrible vertigo, right-sided facial numbness, difficulty walking, altered vision, altered taste & hearing reduced. I was lucky to be seen by a Dr and got a CT scan within 4 days, which was clear. Then i had an MRI scan which showed a 6mm high focal lesion in my cerebellar peduncle. The Dr told me they thought it might be MS, so sent me for a lumbar puncture. Yesterday I got the result from the LP which showed no oligoclonal bands present in my CSF. This is good news, but despite this I feel really low again... probably because i don't know what has caused the lesion and if it will happen again. I am seeing a neurologist for the first time in 2 weeks time, so hopefully he will have some answers.
I am alot better than i was , dizziness has gone, I just feel very tired most of the time, and still have a sore back where they did the lumbar puncture. I have been off sick from work for 10 weeks now, and i am feeling pressure to return to work now. I go to see occupational health tomorrow, to discuss a phased return to work. I work full time as a nurse as well as having a teenage son to care for and support in the difficult teenage years. My job is rewarding but quite demanding. I am worried about returning to work too soon, and not being up to the job, but also the longer I am away the harder it is to return.
Its been good to put my thought down. I'm looking forward to reading others posts too..... best wishes dobblet x
dobblet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DVORA65 (08-30-2011)