View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 01:14 PM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alt1268 View Post
I was trying to get the point acrossed that when the barametric pressure changes, I have to increase my meds and it is not safe when I can't see straight. As it is now I can only drive with my left foot because it hurts to push the gas and brake with my right. For some reason he is not grasping that I have RSD.
I'm with Jo*mar on this one, and I'll add it might not be wise to drive with your left foot either. I don't know how the traffic laws are written regarding this, but there's likely some technicality you could be cited for (maybe something to ask the attorney ).

There are many articles on driving while on various medications, and they are (pardon the expression) all over the road (sorry - couldn't resist ). One could probably be found to support any position, and it's pertinent, especially with long-term pain medication patients who need to and can drive safely (and test accordingly).

But overriding all, whether on medication or not, if a person is impaired in any way, and/or does not feel they can safely drive, whether tired, sick, in pain, emotionally upset, or whatever the reason.... they shouldn't.

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (08-30-2011), alt1268 (08-30-2011), wswells (09-01-2011)