View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 03:08 PM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Hi coloVet

I will look into the hospices around this area for reference. good idea. I just don't want to put all my apples in one basket. I don't trust easily especially regarding pain. I am not very good about it. If you have a dear friend you should be allowed to be around that person when you are sick. In other countries it is unheard of that a friend or relative would not stay all the time with the patient in the hospital with them! I read about it and it seems like a great idea for the patients and a good idea for the nurses. Instead of bothering nurses for water or essentials, the family or friend does that. Need help to bath or use the restroom the families do that too. We need to join forces with family and the treatment of the whole person. Our medical system is dysjointed. Even physicians don't talk to each other with the same patient. I wrote to Dr. Kavorikain in prison. I do have a letter back which I treasure. He was a good soul who tried to help. I also have a book he wrote which is not published. If you could see how he laughs (did) you would be surprised. He also wrote music. There was alot more to the man than what the public saw. More doctors need to be open to what their patients need and want. What if I would refuse treatment for cancer? Do I even have that right in our country? Things like this doctors should talk about. hope you are OK. I always come back to the site for support. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote