View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 03:30 PM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
I guess we are not that much different from Gerald Durrell's rare zoo animals, after all?
Indeed. I guess I'm used to hearing similar; many veterinarians in the circle of family & friends. We don't hear about it - much - unless there's a problem, because so much has been done with pet nutrition that if it comes out of a bag or can, it's usually got what it needs (quality petfoods, that is - of course there are many exceptions with the cheapo stuff).

The naturalist reminds me of when I lived in MA, and on a call down route 117, I chanced to stop at the Drumlin Farm-Mass Audubon Society - mostly because I was new to the area but had heard the name. I was fascinated by Audubon's paintings, and naïvely asked how he got such detail - did he capture them or use an early camera? "No," they said, "He shot them, stuffed them, and posed them for painting." Needless to say I was a bit deflated (not to mention a tad apalled.... )

Natural vitamin D has become tough for us humans. We get that we need it from one side, and then the other side bombards us with the dangers of sun exposure, especially with holes in the ozone layer, climate change, etc. Yeah, I know we don't need much to get the vitamin D - just a few minutes on not too large an area, but then there are those of us on certain meds who are supposed to avoid even that! We're so confused!
(I know, I know.... just me being cafetious again... )

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.

Last edited by Dr. Smith; 08-31-2011 at 08:17 AM. Reason: spelling/typos
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
glenntaj (08-31-2011), mrsD (08-30-2011)