View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 05:19 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hello Kitty

I am so sorry that your pain has been so severe that it has left you feeling vulnerable, isolated and by the sounds of it desperate.

Pain is a savage curse in that it limits us as human beings and reduces us to children [in that it renders us helpless]

Many moons ago i attempted suicide on the back of considerable back pain[ i fell from a roof and crushed two discs in my back]

because i was only in hospital two days and managed to walk around i left...i was told in time it would settle down and the pain would dissipate.

5 years after the injury the depression set in..mainly because no one believed i could fall, injure my spine and not have been in hospital long term...[even doctors ]

my GP for years never even wrote or contacted the hospital [300 miles away where my injury took place to clarify the original diagnosis]

long story short ......suicide entered my head....and only after the event.......was i given a full spinal scan..................[one year later] which identified four dodgy discs not two...which meant other things were going on degeneratively

I had facet joint injections that helped for many years only in the last three months have i started to suffer again.....but it is mind numbing i know.

there are as Barbo said many anti-depressants out their...and a good Dr will eliminate those that can enhance a mind already experiencing suicidal ideology [yes they do exist Free Kittens ...i was on Prozac 19 years ago when i tried....i did not give me the energy to do it it gave me more anger /resentment and sent me into a World of my own filled with paranoia and such anger]

Talking is a great pain relief and although it too has side effects i am convinced they cant kill you........

sending you positive thoughts

David

DMACK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Abbie (08-31-2011), Addy (08-30-2011), Alffe (08-31-2011), barbo (08-30-2011), kittycapucine1974 (09-13-2011), tied (08-30-2011)