View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 07:26 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Nicole,

The air feeling could just be related to the open wound, which would be normal. If you feel that the salt water or anything else is going up into your sinuses, or you get a salty taste in your mouth or back of your throat, then that would indicate a perforated sinus. If that were to occur, don't panic. Most sinus perfs are small and heal on their own.

You should be rinsing 3-4 times a day with salt water... but no more than that and try to refrain from blowing your nose until another week just as a precaution.

I know this can be scary.. but it sounds like you're probably healing ok.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry socket girl View Post
Hi Bryanna,
Yes the dentist did diagnose with a dry socket and no packing was done. They said it was healing and had me come back 2 days later to check it again and at that time they were going to see if they thought I needed to see the oral surgeon and they both confirmed that I did not, it was on the right track.
So today I woke up and the tight feeling was not that tight as it was for 2 days and looks as though it closed a little more.
I did call the office today but I think they were not in due to hurricane Irene because all I was able to do was leave a message. Around 5pm I was eating a yogurt and as I swallowed i felt air go onto my socket. I then closed my mouth and slightly sucked in air and can feel it go up there but I do not feel it anywhere else. So now I am panicking that I have a sinus opening.. This is why I called them to see if I can see my we'd morning.
So my question is this:
How can I tell if there is a perforation or a communication problem? I rinse with salt water all day and never have anything go through my nose and I have no pain in sinuses as of yet? And is that normal for air to go up it being that it is not closed completely?
Bryanna,
I am not normally this anxious but this has been a really bad experience and I am scared I will not heal. It is taking so long
Thanks
Btw real name is nicole
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote