View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 10:00 PM
BlueCarGal

BlueCarGal

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighjackson View Post
I am just wondering if this can all be true. I think I drink too much. I dont (usually) do anything stupid, but I do black out. Therefore, I drink too much.
A lot of people think that a blackout is the same as passing out. It's not. Blackouts happen when your brain essentially stops but your body keeps right on a-going. About as safe as putting a blindfold on and driving the car.

It's not really an issue of whether or not you do anything stupid, but of what those chemicals are doing to your body, & what your body may do (like drive a car) while your mind isn't in charge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by leighjackson View Post
My husband is amazing. He really is the best. Does the housework, laundry, cooking, vacuuming, ect... but he drinks beer every night. So therefore I drink wine every night. Ank my tolerence is building up. Not good. I dont know what to do.
You drink every night because your husband does--is that so? Excuse me, but you drink every night because your body has developed a need for it every night. It's not your tolerance that has built up, it's your addiction.

No, it's not good. & you do know what to do: Get help. That's why you're here.