View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 10:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi BeenThere,

I've been there. I think you have Celiacs disease. If you have the money, I would go to one of the Celiacs centers. Doctors right now do not know much about Celiacs and it is a all encompassing disease - it isn't just my tummy hurts and I can't eat stuff with gluten, it's a great big monster of a disease. I was lucky and went to a great Mayo Clinic Endocrinologist that diagnosed.

I have all the stuff your talking about and more "Sjogren's Syndrome", epilepsy, celiacs, secondary adrenal insufficiency, dystonia (and a few others to boot). Gets you pretty sick. The Sjogren's Syndrome is just a lesser part of Celiacs disease. It's hard to find a good doc, people like us need neurologist, allergists, rhumatologists, endocrinologists and lets throw in a shrink for good measure. Be proactive and learn all you can, there are some great books.

I don't know if you can get a hold of me through here - I'm a bit hesitant to leave my email, but I sure wish I could share some of my story, trials and tribulations with you.

Hang in there. You're NOT CRAZY - you're sick.

Luvs!
Sue
shikantaza is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote