View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 11:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Question Need opinions from those who know. =)

I have narrowed my PM's down to 2. The confusing part is that they both have some similar ideas and yet in the main area they are opposite.

Both have the idea that there is still an underlying issue with my plantar fasciitis (how this monster started). They both believe that this is why the sympathetic blocks have only worked for a short while (hours..not days).

Dr. #1 - believes we should treat the CRPS and try to get that pain level down and then deal with what is going on in my feet. Since I have been on therapeutic levels of the medications long enough and still have a lot of pain (though the burning and sensitivity have decreased markedly). He believes that the trial for the SCS should be the next step.

Dr. #2 - believes we should treat my feet first and THEN the CRPS. His idea is to do essentially cortisone shots in my feet from the bottom (very painful and would be done under sedation). He wants to do both feet at the same time. It would be a series of 3 shots over 6 weeks. Then if pain still remains, he would then do another sympathetic block. (essentially hoping the feet are better and the remaining pain is CRPS). THEN if I am still not doing well, I would have a trial for the SCS.

What do you all think? I have read MANY places to not do anything to the CRPS limb unless needed badly. I just don't know which way seems best.

Thanks for the help and opinions. =)

J
6kiddos is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote