View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 01:50 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I totally agree with above. I would try blocks, and then do physical therapy ALOT of it for awhile, pool therapy, PT, etc, and do it medicated for awhile for the first while until it gets more under control. Its called "functional physical therapy" doing it doped up makes it easier to do because your mind isnt completely on your pain. I would WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT for the SCS. Reason I say. You have children who need you. The recovery for surgery is a so difficult and way longer than they tell you... everyone who starts moving in the time that they tell you gets slipped leads etc... i took twice the amount of time and didnt have it. 6 months to a year is a long time to basically be useless, *from experience* and being that the RSD is in the feet, alot of times they can NOT get the stimulation all the way down to the feet because its so far. When its in the arms its a lesser distance than all the way to the feet. AND ALOT of cases RSD SPREADS with that surgery... (((

Lumbar blocks are a huge help, and if those dont work for you anymore, have you tried oral ketamine? If you can take the oral ketamine and then do PT with that? Or even diladid for the breakthough pain when doing the PT?

IF you would like to talk about my experience with SCS give I would be more than happy to talk to you on the phone so its easier for both of us. PM me your number or visa versa and we can talk on the phone. BUT i would just cautionally go into the SCS before you try EVERYTHING else... I have a permanant in, and if I could go back I wouldnt have gotten it... But thats me.

I have hope for you and pray for comfort and low pain for you. May the Lord give you strength and wisdom during this time.

Send me a pm and I am more than happy to give you my experience about my whole surgery process before during and after I had mine in 2 years ago

Hannah
hannah1234 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote