View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 08:12 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you Hannah. =) I will send you a message when I have time. (later today?)

Yes, while it does make sense to do less invasive first, I am not sure about the injections into my feet (cortisone). Can't this cause issues too, like flares and spread? I have had 6 sympathetic blocks already. Thankfully, they have helped with the burning and much of the sensitivity but they helped the pain for 5-10 hrs. I do know the feet are hard to get with the SCS. This is why I have put it off hoping for something else to help. I have also been working on getting my home back in order (since I was basically non-functional the first 6 months of this year due to the pain). It's amazing how bad it gets! LOL. I can now walk into my walk-in closet, haha. The surface is passable downstairs, but underneath and upstairs? You take you life in your own hands when you open a cupboard or go upstairs. LOL.

None of the dr's have talked about PT with me. I have even brought it up and they say it is a good idea, etc but don't give me anything from there. I do know I am supposed to have the prescription from my dr. in order for my ins. to cover it. So frustrating. It might be because I think I am a relatively mild case in that from all outward appearances I look fine. (unless I am discoloring LOL but then I usually wear socks so they can't see anyway). I do not have swelling and because I have a high pain tolerance, I only take tramadol and lortab for pain. I don't have anything long-acting and they have never talked about anything along those lines. sigh. I told dh last night that maybe I use the pain meds wrong. LOL. I use them so I can function and get done what I have to get done. Laundry, house cleaning (some), etc. I do take much longer to do things than I used to but that is life. lol.

Thanks for the input.
6kiddos is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote