View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 08:56 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by calracci View Post
Hi,
I'm new to this group. I've had RSD/CRPS since 2005 and had a wonderful dr. in CA but after searching for months found one that I was not happy with here in VA. Now I no longer have him either because he has decided not to care for patients with my problem and who are non-surgical.
I am taking strong pain medicine and about to run out but cannot find a doctor close enough to get to on a regular basis since I have to go every month to get my prescriptions. I have many other health issues that prevent most treatments and pain medicine is the way I must go but most doctors in the area only want to do implants. Can anyone help me? I also get spinal nerve blocks periodically. I also have terrible spinal problems exacerbating my pain.
I would appreciate any recommendations of doctors in this area who might be right for me. I am getting desperate.
Thanks so much in advance.
Calracci, Dr. Edith Q. Bautista-Quint, is on Duke Street in Alexandria, Virginia. I believe her number is 703.823.0063. This doctor has been treating my wife's RSD for 3 years. I realize Alexandria is somewhat of a drive, around 40 miles or so but may be worth it. Although you'd think the DC area would be chock full of doctors who are savvy with RSD we've have found the opposite is true. Yes they're doctors who will treat it but not as many as one would think. Good luck Calracci and welcome to NT.

Last edited by Jimking; 08-31-2011 at 09:15 AM.
Jimking is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote