View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 09:40 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Wink Hi Cathy

Hi Cathie,

It has been a while since I have been on this site. I hope that you are feeling better and have received some medical news. Waiting for results and information is very difficult. SO sorry that you are not feeling better or able to get back to work. Have you found out about bone growth yet or the results from your MRI? My OSS was able to see bone growth from regular x-rays. I saw my OSS earlier this month. He is happy with the bone growth but concerned about the issues I am having with my hands. He does not agree with the hand surgeon (TOS) since he feels RSD. Tough when they don't agree. I am going to a vascular surgeon for some tests per the hand surgeon. Trying to get some answers before going back to school. That is not going to happen as I start tomorrow and the kids start on Tuesday. I wanted all of the testing answers and solutions prior to going back to work. I don't want to have to take time off again. On a personal note, my son is off in college and I hope he is keeping up with the readings and assignments. It is quite an adjustment. Hopefully he is not having too much fun if you know what i mean. We survived Hurricane Irene without too much damage. Lost power for 2 days and had some branches fall down. Other people in my neighborhood are still without power and some had damage to houses and cars. So we are quite lucky.
I know it is difficult to be home and not be able to drive and get out. I wish you well.
Stay positive and I hope your pain level is low.

Gail

12/9/2010 ACDF C5-6 C6-7 with plate, screws,
BMP & bone fragment filled cages
2/14/2011 trying to go back to work as a teacher
2/17/2011 starting PT
wearing bone stimulator 4 hours a day
DDD, arthritis, herniated disks, pinched nerves
3 months saw a little bit of bone growth (YEAH
4/15/2011 Home Tens Unit
6/2011 end plate growth no more bone stimulator
pretty good ROM
still working on the strength
some issues with knots and spasms
Hands turning red and bluish and cold
8/2011 Hand surgeon feels I have TOS ( 2nd visit since 4/2011)
frenchfri1003 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote