View Single Post
Old 03-15-2007, 06:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Confused Holistic Treatment

Hi,

I'm a 19 year old female who was diagnosed with TS at 13. I was first put on Paxil for a while, until we found out it causes suicidal tendencies in adolecents, then was med-free for a while. But that wasn't working. I've been on Fluvoxamine for around four years now and have experimented with Tenex. I've found that when I have increased endorphins, my tics aren't visible. I've also noticed, and this has been confirmed through research, that Luvox increases sexual disfunction/labido. I'm in a committed relationship and it's a huge strain on us to have a boyfriend who is far more often sexually aroused than I am. I'm practically never aroused. I feel that it is because of the Luvox and would like to ween myself off of it and use a non-perscription form of treatment. I've looked up Bonnie's treatments (which include around 20 pills a day for someone around 130lbs). I was wondering if you could tell me the weight of your son and the amount of each supplement he's taking so I could measure how much I should take. Of course, I will speak with a professional about carefully weening myself off medication (I get terrible dependency migraines when I stop taking it). I will also see if any of the supplements will negatively interact with other medications/conditions I have (I'm also taking Travatan-Z for Glaucoma and take iron found in prenatal vitamins for mild Anemia). Thank you so much for your help.

-Frustrated
banana_bonanza is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote