View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 06:17 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Hope it's all healed fast, Kitty.

Cats have amazing eyes. They can tell a lot about their health.

Apart from the watering, do the eyes look the same? No extra eyelid? No swelling or anything? No dilated pupil? My little GrandKitty Famous here ate some tulip leaves when she was only about 6 months old. I love tulips and they don't grow in my climate so had bought myself some as a very special treat. My children and I were out and she was in the house alone and she ate some of the leaves. No idea why. She was well looked after and well fed. We were in a new place though but she was locked inside temporarily while we all settled in.

Anyway, long story short, she had a seizure. Lost a tooth during that. One pupil dilated and the extra eyelids were down. She was poisoned. Thankfully she made a great recovery in the end, but it was very worrying at the time. If Tigger's eye is watering and all else seems fine, then I'm hoping recovery is fast. If he's an outdoor/indoor cat, then maybe he rubbed his eye on something in the garden. I think that's what that extra eye-lid is for really... protection in the wild. I don't think it always works.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (09-01-2011)