View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 08:42 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrotexan26 View Post
My NS sent me to a Neurologist after my programmable shunt has been re set twice since surgery. Just went today and he is running an array of tests. Maybe they'll all come back clear and they will realize it is my shunt! I keep having headaches. I'm wondering if maybe my body is not responding to the programmable like it did the fixed valve? I have been unable to work due to these headaches. Are you having any other symptoms since the surgery besides the headaches? I'm still having some dizziness and recently problems sleeping. I'm so sorry to hear that you are still having problems. I just have to be annoying and keep calling them. It's crazy!
I'm going to see my neurologist on the 15th, I dont really see the point though, since they've tried a couple meds already and I was allergic to one so
I'm not taking anything right now. That's not good, I can't read without being in alot of pain so I don't know how school starting next week is going to go. When they first put in my programmable valve, and the icp monitor, I couldn't even lay flat or sit because my head would get extremely sore from the pressure change I guess, because I could see the pressure going from normal to -30 when I'd lay flat and in the + teens when I'd sit up, I'm set at 7 now though. Yeah, im still dizzy all the time, I've got a horrible memory now and the back of my head where my old shunt used to be but also a whole band along it is numb now :$ I haven't even talked to my neurosurgeon since the middle of July! I need to try to convince my mom to do something because I can't handle this pain anymore
FutureMrsBieber is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote