View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 10:26 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

After we moved my inlaws to independent living, DH and I spent weeks, literally, going through their attic...wow, there was so much stuff that we tossed...she still asks, "What happened to my turkey platter?" or "Who took my nice crocheted sweaters?" I tell her this granddaughter or that grandson took this or that...most of the stuff was cracked, old, and even had mildew...

So after we went through that experience, we decided to at least organize the stuff in the crawl space...we tossed a lot of stuff, but we still have toys from the kids, as well as books I read to them as tykes...so we got a bunch of rubbermaid tubs and organized things, labeled them, and now the kids at least won't have to go through that mess.
We also organized our Christmas decorations, spring/summer decorations, etc. Makes it a lot easier to find things...

Now, it's time for our closets...we still have games on the kids' closet shelves that haven't been touched for years. I'm going to donate them to shelters that I know of in the area...and my DD's prom dresses? I'm giving her until the new year to take them, or I'll donate those to places that collect prom dresses/shoes etc for young ladies who are financially strapped and can't afford to buy these things.

Last edited by Debbie D; 09-01-2011 at 10:27 AM. Reason: added text
Debbie D is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (09-01-2011), hollym (09-01-2011), Jules A (09-01-2011), Kitty (09-01-2011), SallyC (09-01-2011)