View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 11:55 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Great idea, Blessings..

Let's see where I am....I'm 70 and not too sure about having 20 years, but I've been retired since 62 (DH's bookkeeper) and Most of my and DH's treasures have already been given to DD, DSS #1 and DSS #2.

I put DD on a Survivor Home Deed. Have all my savings and checking/with kids as beneficiarys. My furniture, clothes and car are old and not worth much. I have a few family keepsakes in closets, basement, attic..etc. (I don't know why I kept some of them) so Kids can keep and pitch at will...I don't want to ruin all their fun..

When I had my garage ramp put in I had the garage cleaned out and when I had my bathroom and floors re-done, I cleaned a bunch of junk out of the house. I gave DD all my gold and diamond jewelry, gave DS's DH's jewelry and gave all of my special cookware to the Chef, DSonIL..

Sooooooo, the funstuff will be here for the kids and grandkids to rumage through, to pitch or pinch. My will says that DD gets half and DSS's get half of junk. The money part is already settled and my only DD gets most of that.

All done..

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

~If The World Didn't Suck, We Would All Fall Off~
SallyC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (09-01-2011), Jules A (09-01-2011), Kitty (09-01-2011)