View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 12:01 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default questions re: lumber sympathetic block

Hi All,
I did not realize my last visit to this site was in 12/10. I have RSD in all of my extremities. I have developed RSD resulting from an IV starting in my hands/arms then feet and calves since 6/2007. I had a few GSB and LSB done in the past. With some other therapies such as oxygen therapy, PT/OT and STS, my pain level had gone down tremendously although there was no remission. Unfortunately, i had RSD flares in three of my limbs after a blood drawn about two months ago. I just had a bilaternal LSB done on Monday. I have some relief in burning symptoms on my calves but not too much on top of my feet. The relief only last for about 6 hours. Also i have experienced low back pain after the blocks. My back is still bothering me though it is improving. My questions are: is it normal to have back pains after the block and how long does the pain suppose to last? My doctor told me i should have a serious of 3 blocks. Is it worth the risk to repeat the blocks since my pain relief was only partial and only lasted for a few hours. In addition, i am so scared of the IV or any needle sticks. This time they put the IV in my left arm which is the less painful arm. Now i think i have a little flare on my left arm as well. Lastly, do i have SMP or SIP? This is my fourth years of having RSD.
Your feedback will be greatly appreciated.
Numb
numb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote