View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 12:29 AM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindberg711 View Post
How is my regimen "very weak"? It seems like you have a very condescending attitude towards me.
Hi lindberg,

I didn't think he was condescending at all. You asked his opinion, and he gave it.

Your B complex does appear very weak compared to many. I take a B-100 complex (which is kind of "middle of the road" - there are also B-50, B-150, and a host of other B-complexes). By comparison to yours, mine has:

Thiamin 100 mg
Riboflavin 100 mg
Niacin 100 mg
Vitamin B6 100 mg
Folate 400 mcg
Vitamin B12 100 mcg
Biotin 100 mcg
Pantothenic Acid 100 mg

and some brands/complexes are even higher still in some of these.

I take additional:
B-12 5000 mcg
Pantothenic Acid 1000 mg
Vitamin C 1000 mg (more when stressed and/or feel something coming on)
Vitamin D 1000 iu (took 10,000 iu when I was tested low)
Vitamin E 400 - 800 iu

I also take a good multi with minerals, and several other supplements particular to my own conditions/needs.

Those % daily values they give are often old, out of date, and/or irrelevant for people with different conditions/needs, so I found it helpful to learn something about everything I take, and adjust accordingly. Some vitamins can safely be taken in huge quantities; others cannot, and as you say, can be detrimental. Some people may also have problems with absorption of some vitamins without even knowing it, so larger quantities may be in order. Of course the best way to get any/all vitamins is by proper diet & exercise, which gets tougher all the time in this culture/day & age.

There's a lot of good information on all of this in the Vitamins & Supplements forum, as well as in some sub-forums and "Stickys" in other forums, depending on whatever else you may have.

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote