View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 08:26 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

research "dysautonomia". There's a high-traffic site for this on the web, with a lot of information. I have experienced what you experienced, and it IS scary!!! I still don't have answers, though, so can't help you with that. VERY few doctors understand dysautonomia, so what you are finding with docs is not unusual. Neurologists specialize in central nervous system disorders (with a few exceptions), whereas endocrinologists for the most part specialize in diabetes (with some exceptions): the money-making areas. A cardiologist was the person who diagnosed my friend who had the heart-racing kind of dysautonomia. I'm like you, I have normally low bp. I'm afraid of taking medication that lowers my heartrate. Before I started having significant autonomic problems, I used to take xanax for autonomic-like seizures, but one time when I did that, I felt like my heart was going to stop, it felt so slow. I actually made my dh stay up while I tried to fall asleep because I was afraid I was gonna die in my sleep, I was that afraid! I haven't taken the xanax since.

Sorry, can't help you. I'm still trying to find answers, and I've been experiencing problems for nine years! I see a neurologist for central nervous system problems, and an endocrinologist for adrenal insufficiency and Hashimoto's. Kind of a "feeling the elephant in different places" approach but I haven't been able to find a doctor who could integrate it
Friedbrain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote