View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 08:44 AM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeclass6 View Post
sometimes some Ester C,
Sometimes? I can't take ascorbic acid due to IBS, so I take 1000-4000 mg. of Ester C daily. Since it's a water-soluble like B-12, and there's no upper limit, it's probably not a bad idea to take it daily (amount up to what works best for you; I take more undr stress, when I'm exposed to viruses, etc.). The extra calcium in Ester C isn't bad either.

I recently had the same question about B-12 & Synthroid for my aunt (and got the same reply from mrsD). No problems that I've heard of.

Any idea why the CPAP isn't working well? There's a separate forum for that, if you'd like to go into it.

Most of the other symptoms you describe may be the Hashimoto's (from what little I've read about it - all kinds of thyroid issues in the family) but could be other things coincidental. Off the top of my head, magnesium and pantothenic acid come to mind, but that's something to investigate, decide for yourself, and talk with your doctor about. Sounds like your new PCP may have more on the ball.

Best wishes,

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote