Thread: hobbies
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 11:07 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I agree with Mark, If you have any access to a place you can fish, then try it. I'm lucky to live on a lake and can fish often...Actually being around a body of water is just relaxing whether you fish or not.

I cross-trained and did aerobics four days a week before my accident and I just can't do it now. But there are still a lot of things to get involved with and give a test run. I paint with both real brushes and paint and with a Bamboo art pad (lots of enjoyment), sculpt, fish, am trying to learn the guitar, tropical fish and aqua-plants, yoga, shoot pool/billards, flea markets, museums, small venue concerts, art festivals, farmer's markets, orchards, even 500 piece jig-saw puzzles (a lost art in itself~not up to those 1,000 piece yet).

I don't go where it's loud or overly crowded and I do pace myself comfortably, once in a while even out do my hubby. Most of the things I do are lighter physical activities but still keep me from being sedentary and bored.

Start trying lots of things, even something you might not have been great at before, you may be now. Explore as much as you can and I'm sure you will find some things you will enjoy.
Jinxicat9 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote