View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 12:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default I can't believe what my husband has been going through

This morning before my husband went to work and confessed that he was beginning to hate his job and I asked him why. He didn't want to tell me at first because he didn't want my symptoms to act up beacuse I have had a horrible 7 days. I talked him into it because I could tell he NEEDED to tell me.
Well apparently for the last 3 years his boss and the other employees have been making fun of me and telling him that I am faking this "RSD stuff" and that I just lay around because I'm lazy. I worked for 24 years as an autism mentor with our board of education and was only 6 years from retirement...why would I quit a job like that if I could do it?! I made way more money than my husband and I had health insurance. Now, because the RSD has spread I have a hard time doing anything except take care of my 10 year old son. We have to pay out of pocket for all my medical expenses because his boss says he won't pay for a "fake" disorder....I was also born with cerebral palsy which none of them believe. What can I do to stop this? My husband is the most wonderful man in the world and I knew something was wrong, but I had no clue it was about me. I am so close to getting my SSDI and that's another thing they gripe about...they are sooo stupid. SSDI is MY money that I worked for for the last 24 years and they are saying that I will live off the govt!!!! I am soooo made that I can't see straight. Someone give me some advice, PLEASE!
cindi1965 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (09-02-2011), finz (09-10-2011), fmichael (09-03-2011)