View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 12:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alt1268 View Post
Recently I had an argument with my attorney about the fact that I have to take pain medication and should not drive. He stated truck drivers do it all the time. I stated that I was not going to be responsible and have it on my concousines by driving with pain medicine in my system and hurting someone else. Not to mention it is concerned a DUI in Delaware. I would like to get others feedback on their opinion.
anita
I take a tremendous amount of pain medication and it does not effect my mental state at all because I have been taking it for so long. I feel safe driving from that standpoint, however, the pain and cramps I get in my legs from the rsd/crps are another story. A half hour trip is my limit because of what it does to my legs & back.

That being said, Everyone is Different and you should not drive if you feel impaired. That is the important point. No one can say how you react to your meds but you and if you feel impaired, you should speak to your dr and ask him/her to write a note saying you should not be driving. I also agree that you need a different attorney. This one will screw you and cut a deal with the defense. I have been through a wc lawsuit and know.

Good luck.
calracci is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
fmichael (09-06-2011), wswells (09-09-2011)