View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 12:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'm also new here. I understand Gammy Sue. I have the same diagnosis. It's been almost 6 years now. No known cause. I too get frustrated with others not understanding. It's difficult to describe in the first place. One minute we can't feel a part of our body and the next it's in excruciating pain. This disease needs more exposure and research. Most people don't know what the disease is. Diabetics get neuropathy as do alcoholics, drug users and people with aids as a secondary illness. Those of us with an unknown cause remains a mystery. I've seen several different neurologists and they all say the same thing. There's nothing they can do except offer medication for pain. Sometimes it helps. I'm able to do a little more than usual if I take something. Other times it doesn't touch the pain. I know the frustration. I've done a lot of research on the subject and I believe that toxins are the cause. My neurologist didn't deny the possibility. There are chemicals in almost everything we use. Soaps, laundry detergents, deodorants, lotions, beauty products, etc. Breast cancer patients are told to not use deodorants with aluminum chloro hydrate because it causes cancer. I use "the liquid rock" and it is endorsed by the breast cancer foundation as safe. What does that tell us? It's OK for the rest of the population? It's frustrating. I used to work in the floral industry and some of the sprays we used were toxic. I think I have my answer. So what do we do? Stop using the main stream products and use products that are safe. There are so many options today to choose from. I know it's too late for us but maybe we can prevent further damage and deter our family and friends from becoming sick. I look forward to hearing from you. In the mean time I hope you have better days.
littlequeen64 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Gammy Sue (09-03-2011)