View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 12:58 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

You don't want to hear my advice. Ok, I wont go in that direction (screaming at idiot boss and worthless co-workers). One bit of common sense I learned about people who fake disabilities and or those who are drug seekers is this--they never ever use the excuse that they are ill with RSD, never. Why, because you can't fake it and or not for long. My advice is to educate them the best he can. Me personally, if I was your husband, would confront the boss and set him/her straight with as much reading material/websites/letters from doctors etc. as possible. Try to convince them how unrelenting this condition can be and is and what it is. My co-workers know how passionate I am about this disease because of all the battles I've had on the phone dealing and yelling at insurance companies, wife's former employer, lawyers, her ignorant family, SS, mortgage bankers, bill collectors on and on. The fact I'm a straight forward person who is very serious most of the time. That I don't BS around and they know how much of a fight I was willing to put up in acquiring my wife's rights and benefits so if anything ever happened to me she'd at least have something to help her through her ordeal. My co-workers believe RSD exists. Those in the past who put up the slightest argument about it lost in short order including my own father who does not question the existence of RSD any longer because he got educated from me and reading.
Enough of the rant. All I can say is he needs to educate these people the best he can.
Jimking is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (09-02-2011), cindi1965 (09-03-2011), finz (09-10-2011), fmichael (09-03-2011), wswells (09-06-2011)