Thread: Benedryl
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 01:36 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by echoes long ago View Post
a little backround....I get really bad rashes from poison ivy when exposed so if i do get exposed i have several things i take to prevent a rash from forming. thoroughly wash area, steroid creme, subsequent use of bactene. it has worked in the past and hopefully will in the future. well this time a few days ago after hurricane irene passed through i had to put a fence back up and it had poison ivy. so i took the above and also added benedryl 25 mg. well unexpectedly the benedryl quited down the recent flare of burning and stabbing pains at night. I took it 2 times since a few days apart and it has continued to work on the burning and stabbing pains. i know its an antihistamine but i dont know why it would help quiet the pain and if that means anything as to what exactly is going on with my flare and peripheral neuropathy in general.

just thought id pass this on if it helps anyone else for those really bad nights.
It helps me too! Acutally it is the only relief I get. I have tried everything OTC to Morphine & Methadone, and I get more relief from that one little pink pill then anything else.

In the book The Anti Inflammation Zone by Dr Barry Sears he explains it. That book really helped me to understand the war that is ragin in my body and the changes I have made to my diet have helped SO MUCH! Worth reading.
MzBeanz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (09-02-2011)