View Single Post
Old 03-15-2007, 08:48 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Seizures Brought on by Sound

Seizures brought on by certain sounds/noises.. I've only had a few aura's and now just a handful of seizures in the almost five years since my rtl surgery. What I have noticed is that the last two times I have gone to a concert (the only two times since surgery) I've had problems with what my husband and I first thought was the reverb from the speakers but this last time really began to think was the singers voice.
I've noticed before with a couple of my cd's that there are certain parts that the sounds really bother me and I have to turn the volume all the way down or it really messes with my head (worse than fingernails on a chalkboard). Both of these concerts led to seizures and just a general state of uncomfortableness. Needless to say I spent the majority of the concert with my head in my husbands chest hanging on to him telling myself to breathe and praying that I wasn't going to fall over.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I told my neuro about it and she (along with my hubby) and I have agreed no more concerts for me. She asked me if they escalated to anything else (gm etc) and I told her no, just the general oh s**t feeling, hot sweaty, panicked, confused etc that normally happens. I know the lights can start them off, but it was the sound (more specifically the pitch at times) of his voice that really got to me.