View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 06:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi ellief,

Welcome to the forum! What you are discribing could be a possible seizure but if I may ask do you feel tired or confused at all and do you blank out (lose consciousness) for a few seconds? If you have any of these symptoms along with the dizziness and tingling feeling in your body then you may be having a seizure.

I know that when I was on gabentrin I gained a lot of weight and it made my seizures much worse so I went off the drug and I'm doing much better now. In regards to the amitripyline you are taking this drug has been known to cause seizures in people and it won't help you at all if you are having seizures because the drug will reverse what the gabetrin is doing for you since it's an anti depressent. You should get ahold of your neurologist IMMEDIATELY and tell them what's going on. My best advice to you is to go see an Epileptologist (Dr. specializing in epilepsy) at an Epilepsy Center which are at University hospitals or very big hospitals. Have the Dr. do a e.e.g. on you and also have a DNA test done. The e.e.g. will show if you are having any seizures and the DNA test can be done to find out what meds can help you the best with the least side effects. I would also have an MRI done with the dye and a CT scan. Try taking vitamin B12 1000 mcg. once a day that helps the nervous system and has decreased my seizures greatly, stay away from anything with nutra sweet (aspartame) in it because the nutra sweet causes more electrical activity in the brain and can trigger seizures. Keep track on a calender and write down what time these possilbe seizures are happening along with a discription. By doing this the Dr. may see a pattern in the possible seizures. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote