Thread: feeling alone
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2007, 09:13 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi RSD Kittie/Karen--I was wondering how you were doing after your nasty fall.

Karen, please don't feel alone in your situation. A LOT of people do not understand the pain, the challenges and the difficulties that RSD has created in our lives..let alone a lot of men. Some men (not ALL), just have a vry difficult time with "problems they can't fix"...it is just as frustrating for THEM as it is for you!

But, you know what? This guy TRIED--he spent the time to get to know you, and even though he wasn't able to deal with the RSD issues--that does NOT mean that there isn't someone out there who CAN.

I remeber something that you said that your doctor told you "It takes a very special person"--. You are still young, you a bright, you are TENACIOUS!! I mean, look at what you have been through--RSD, being in the darned wheelchair, going through a divorce, raising a teenager!! There are MANY MANY people out there, Karen who have NO MEDICAL ISSUES--and they just crumble!!!

You should be VERY PROUD OF YOURSELF!!! Yes, it is DIFFICULT without a significant other to support you and assist you, BUT YOU ARE DOING IT!!
I am by NO means trivializing your situation, Karen, but it seems to be that you really "have what it takes", you just have lost confidence in yourself because of the situation with your boyfriend.

BUT, Karen, neither your BOYFRIEND OR RSD DEFINES YOU! What is in your HEART and SOUL is what defines you--the RSD is just a "challenge", for lack of a better way to express it. We need to hace FAITH in OURSELVES, Karen--then, OTHERS, who REALLY COUNT, will RESPECT and ADMIRE us for that.

What are your interests, Karen? ALL of them--even if they are difficult or darn-near impossible for you to do at this time? Maybe there is a way to figure out some way for you to get out of the house a little more, now that the weather is better. Just an idea, but I would like to know--we might have a LOT of interests in common! And, maybe others of the Forum can come up with some pretty creative things as well!

I like art, and although drawing detailed things is a little difficult, I like to dry flowers and then arrange them and glue them down on paper, and use inexpensive frames to frame them. maybe you and your Son could get out for a bit, and try picking some flowers (Legally!!!!!). Or, maybe your son could bring you some back. All you really need to do is put them between paper-towels and put some heavy books on them, and in a couple of weeks, they will be dry. There is a way you can do it in the micro-wave, but I haven't tried it yet..maybe you can look it up on the web! If this interests you, and you DO find out how to nuke them, could you let me know? I would like to give it a try!

For me, it helps get my mind off the RSD, and allows me to still be "artistic"--after all "beauty is in the eye of the beholder", so I really don't CARE what someone else thinks about my art-work.

Well, anyhow, Karen--you have been through a LOT, but you are still SURVIVING. Not too many people in your situation could say that!

More later, but I will waitfor your response, ok?

HANG IN THERE! On this Forum-you are NOT ALONE!!

Most Sincerely,

Brokenwings
Brokenwings is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote