Thread: IVIG headache
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 09:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Abby- yep. Jus as 4eyes said... Dark room is key and drinking a lot of water/ gatorade..anything to keep you hydrated. Mixing tylenol and ibuprofen along with 1 benedryl can help.

When I had aspectic meningitis....i wouldnt even consider it a headache it was horrible. Couldnt open my eyes without a wrenching pain. Morphine hardly took the edge off. Please keep hydrated so that doesnt happen to you.

Glad you are feeling better though. 100 is semi slow...mine gets up to 160 usually by the end of it but goes up by 50's through the infusion. I am bigger than you though, and probably can handle it a little faster.

Drinking too much...shouldnt be in your vocab when doing IVIG. Drinking enough is key to feeling better. Gatorade is a good thing...water is good too. If you get bored of water go w gatorade. Im not sure about high potassium foods...id stay away from it actually just from previous problems with potassium and as IVIG thickens our blood that can be not so good..but im no doctor so dont take that to heart.

I eat candy 24/7:P.

But im doing my 3rd day of IVIG right now, and this month makes 1 year ive been doing it, woooohooo. Hopefully with the stem cell trial coming up, I wont be doing it that much longer.

Hope the effects of the ivig will be kicking in soon for you.

-Tyson
tysondouglass is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Stellatum (09-02-2011)