View Single Post
Old 03-15-2007, 09:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Confused I have similar symtoms

I can relate and here to find out more myself, mine started with panic about going out, ocd, that was becoming very strange, moving my hand in a certain way, flapping right arm i couldn't control, slured speech, twitching face, lack of co ordination, long periods of time i can't acount for, then a lump in my throat, that eventually has progressed to having drink in my mouth and not reaisinf i've not swallowed, it takes intense concentration, sometimes my eyelids won't open, sometimes won't close so long period i don't sleep.. Finally i actually had a general seizue in casualty and atlast it was initially taken seriously as i was unconscious for 8 hrs, admitted and put on drips, refered to neurology. They have tried to rule out organic reasons, though i am waiting for EEG and MRI results, i think it is trauma related as i have been through the most traumatic abusive treatment with local services, who don't believe in DID. But i was diagnosed with that at a trauma unit two and a half years ago. No though i have no control over switches, and seem to be in a constant state of terror. I've had infections mainly sinus and respiritory every month for over a year, can't leave the house and cronically tired but can't sleep. What is wrong with me, and why won't anyone do anything, it is so distressing, as i've never had anything like this before, its also frightening for my family, i am trying to research the brain and work out what could be happening, but also would like to know if something like this can happen due to trauma and will i ever function again. I certainly understand your worries and hope that it is not left so long that the symptoms worsen, grateful for any feedback Fractured mind
fracturedmind is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote