View Single Post
Old 09-03-2011, 01:05 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bean View Post
Things still going good for me ...still only taking the tincture occassionally for symptoms . Dad got sick and ended up in the VA hospital with pnuemonia...
was quite a sick puppy, but is better today and may come home tommorrow,
I planted about 126 fava beans this morning before going to the hospital and the last couple of weeks have gotten in about 480 where the barley was this spring. We need rain very badly and I have emptied my rain barrels and used 2 shelves of water bottles from the shed. Only 2 rows left and one will get used tonnight watering bean plantings that are just coming thru the ground.
Pray for rain to refill my rain barrels, it has been in the upper 80's and 90's so much and the ground is hard ...hopefully rain will come this weekend.
So far though my vegies are doing very well even in the drought conditions.
Wish you could all come for the September support group meeting...we have a great group of people here! Bless You Aunt Bean
Dear Auntie Bean,

I made your bean chips and am very impressed! They work well and I think the agave and the flax assist the fava - you are truly inspired! thanks ever so much for all you contribute in here. Sending much love to your fava plants too We had a late summer in Oregon and I started my favas (about 24 plants) in early June. They seemed quite drought tolerant early on but once well established liked more water altho as different as the weather is these days I sometimes wonder if the sun rays fry them a little easier than usual . I bet your support group is quite lively and send ya'all mmy best joyous thoughts.
hugs back md

“The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.”
~ Nikola Tesla
moondaughter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote