View Single Post
Old 09-03-2011, 12:01 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty Schulz View Post
I developed a large number of plantars warts (10) on my left foot two years ago and had them treated for the 2nd time yesterday. Within 1.5 hours of having the liquid nitrogen applied, not only was my foot swollen from the applications but my legs were so restless that I could only gain relief by walking, which of course hurt like crazy. To relieve my restless legs (some 7 hours later), I applied some fibromyalgia serum + ice gel and took to Advil pain tablets and was finally able to go to sleep. What this extreme onset of my RLS during the day (which is uncommon for me) made me think of was peripheral nerve damage as a result of the liquid nitrogen applications; seeing your not regarding peripheral neuropathy makes me wonder about any ongoing research that may be underway correlating 'pn' and 'rls'; does anyone know of any?

Normally I find that I only get restless legs (left leg only for me) during the night after having been asleep for about 1 hour and having had sweets (especially chocolate) after 6:00 p.m. that same evening --- I am a firm believer that sugar and RLS don't mix and I know, for me, if I indulge in sweets in the evening I have to be prepared to fight with a restless leg until about 6:30 a.m. the following morning.
RLS is very related to PN, if not a symptom of PN. Given you can tell it flares up with sugar consumption, I would say it is time to be worked up for metabolic issues related to glucose metabolism....diabetes or reactive hypoglycemia.

As to the flare up of RLS, I notice when I stress my legs, or even get emotional stress, I can count on my RLS flaring. I went for a short bike ride the other day, and for 3 days, my RLS increased.

RLS is the pits.

Others not so bad:
cyclelops is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote