View Single Post
Old 09-03-2011, 12:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I can't really tell you what you should do in this situation, but I just had serious complications after my LSBs in January. My back hurt really bad after the first one and then after the second pain just exploded in my back and neck, then spread to my arms and hands. When I told the doctor he said that it wasn't normal and that sometimes there is back pain but that it shouldn't last more than a day. If you are sensitive to needles and you're not getting much relief, then if it were me (and it's not so you need to make the best decision for you) I would not continue with the blocks.

But that's something that you should discuss with your doctor. I stopped seeing my PM doc after this because if he couldn't do blocks then he was not interested in looking into other treatments (and he didn't want to admit that my new problems were the result of the blocks he did). Some doctors are more interested in procedures than in doing what is best for the patient. I'm not saying that this is the case with your doc (as I don't know them) but you should really discuss what you are feeling with the doctor before having any more LSBs, even if just for your own peace of mind. After discussing your concerns then maybe he can put your mind at ease and you will feel better about your course of treatment.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
fmichael (09-06-2011), SandyRI (09-03-2011)