View Single Post
Old 09-03-2011, 12:07 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Red face

HI Jacquie

glad for the good news... BUT... i don't see how they can discharge him if he is still in the state you describe. ASSUMING he becomes more ehhh "talkative" ... lively, etc...

theory #1
------------------
i recall when you transferred him, and went to visit, they stripped you of your keys etc when going in. this to me suggests they run a pretty tight ship, and might have a lot of constraints on the patients.

one of the things that bugged me when i was inpatient was:
-- the way the windows i can't remember exactly if they couldn't be opened, or only just a crack maybe.
-- room doors could not be locked
-- personnel came to check on you 2-3 times at night... i had a hard time sleeping and woke up every time. one nurse used to let the door slam. i asked her if she would mind closing it quietly and she blew me off, and from then on referred to me indirectly with an insulting name made in gestures.

i was amazed we had mirrors in the bathrooms in the private rooms. maybe he doesn't. one patient had a vase and it was confiscated. shoelaces are frequently confiscated as is basically anything that someone could use to hurt themselves or someone else, even if it isn't a suicide watch ward.

it might be as simple as a clash with personnel, or other patients bugging him, or freaking him out a bit. there really could be a lot of things in their environment that are genuinely unpleasant to have to be in day and night.

------------------
theory #2
------------------
it could also have to do with the med reduction depending WHICH med was reduced - it could be a pre-paranoid state. i would ask the doctor which meds were reduced. i would not report immediately to the doc that hubby doesn't like it there. however, i would DEFINITELY try to get hubby to confide in you what is bothering him, and go from there.

if they are reasonable things, such as limitations on freedom or being bothered by personnel or patients... ok. if they sound unreasonable to you, like he thinks someone is following him around, or that he is being spied on by personnel, or any bizarre ideas, etc... you'll need to tell the doc - maybe not the details or he won't trust you again, but you should somehow communicate a concern in seeing a change for the worse, with possible delusional aspects, and ask for a reevaluation before d/c.

if he communicates depressive type thoughts in general, esp. with suicidal ideation, you should inform the docs explicitly.

------------------
theory #3
------------------
could they have screwed up the med doses in the transfer.... if so he might still be overmedicated..... this place does not sound great if the doc did not notice your hubby was a vegetable and geez... could be overmedicated before your report from your visit!!!!

~ waves ~
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (09-03-2011), Brokenfriend (09-03-2011), DiMarie (09-04-2011), Dmom3005 (09-03-2011), Just Jacquie (09-03-2011)