View Single Post
Old 09-03-2011, 01:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

That's great to hear wtrpk!

The Buffalo exercise program is based on getting you to regularly exercise at a heart rate that doesn't exacerbate your symptoms. This is based on how you perform on an exercise stress test given by the folks at UBuffalo. I think the test is well-documented in several other posts on the forum.

Based on my test results and my age-determined maximum heart rate, I ended up starting with ~20 minutes of exercise 3x a week at a heart rate of 160bpm. Post-relapse, I am now down to doing this at a heart rate of 130bpm.

Initially I chose to do the program on the elliptical machine, but I now use the recumbent bike. Choice of equipment was just personal preference and working around my current and pre-existing injuries. For example, I could not run or use a treadmill because the impact aggravated my symptoms.

I am not sure I can recommend any specific program for you. Personally, I think you're fine if you're doing an activity you enjoy that raises your heart rate and doesn't aggravate your symptoms. Go on those long outdoor walks! It's a beautiful time of year, and being outside is better than being stuck in a smelly gym.
ConcussedJ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote