Thread: St Jude SCS
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2011, 05:09 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Heart RSD and SCS

Dear Abbie, as I have written in the RSD Forum on behalf of my Sis Terri, who has full body RSD. Her case advanced too far too rapidly for docs to even consider SCS as a paliative measure for her. She has had bilateral amputations of the legs above the knees and now feels the phantom pain of the missing limbs due to the brain and nervous system trick played on the soul who must bear such treatment. She exists now on Morphine and Fentanyl in such large doses as to pretty much keep her "dumbed to the pain."

Her matter I bring not as a means to frighten, but with hope you are a patient whose situation has been caught early enough that SCS might, just MIGHT provide some stime relief from the wickedness of nervous system pain. I know that monster so well personally in my body, that I finally looked forward to the Trial implant as you too will approach. That is a temporary placement of leads in the spinal cord space connected to the St Jude works you will wear around your waist for up to one week to learn whether ANT benefit comes to you through it. At the end of the Trial period you will either KNOW SCS is for you, or you will be beggin for its removal. As for me, I feared the appointment to remove the Trial leads because so much relief had come my way from the mere Trial episode.

Prayin for ya,
Mark56z
"Thanks for this!" says:
Abbie (09-05-2011), anon21816 (09-05-2011), JoanB (09-07-2011), Rrae (09-04-2011), Sophie_ (09-03-2011)